Saturday, September 4, 2010

5th BookFest at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center

Today, as I wanted to go to the 5th BookFest, I woke up automatically (although were because my lips were dry and painful - ulcer on the outer middle of my bottom lip). Again, I wasted an hour time during the time I woke up and preparing myself to go out.

The hand sticker is the entrance ticket and they will give you a catalog.


I took SJ Bus to go to Maluri because there was no RapidKL buses came into the end of Damai Perdana. Furthermore when still the month of Ramadhan, I’m sure that RapidKL bus drivers will be ‘lazy’ to come in (because the time also was during the afternoon.) While the bus was on the way, there was a RapidKL bus in front of the bus while I was in it.

I was a bit scared with my clothing because for the first time I wore T-shirt with a collar (and the collar need to remain stand). Of course I reached Maluri LRT station safely before I crossed over to the Maluri Bus Terminal. Then, I took RapidKL’s B114 to KLCC. I walked a long way to the Convention Center soon after I arrived in front of Suria KLCC.

In the blur mood, I went into the Convention Center without knowing where I am going to go. But there were few people came down from the escalator carried the BookFest’s plastic bag. I even asked the security guard and as where am I supposed to go? Even when I found the place, I am still confuse and looking for Steven. I was stupid enough to send SMS to him, to tell that I had reached.

When I reached Hall 1, I found that there were people wearing the red-thingy thing on their wrists. I walked around and went back to Hall 5 which only found out that I need to pay for the entrance fee. (Well! The sign at the Hall 1 was in Chinese while the one at Hall 5 was in English). I also didn’t bring so much of money with me. I checked my wallet and I only have RM10 (all in RM1 notes). The sign of the queuing lane says that “RM2 per entrance, RM10 for season pass”. I was like. “Huh? Every time I came out and in again need to cost me RM2 per entry?” When I checked the instructions in Chinese and it says that “RM2 per day and RM10 for 9-days period.”

After I get my ticket, I went back to Hall 1 for the entrance. I started to look around while looking for Steven too. Whoa! All books are in Chinese language. No English books at all. As I went down further, I saw cashiers with many people. I didn’t realize that at the side of the cashiers, there are 2 ways (at the left and right sides). When I do, I went through and saw many electronic items (with stationeries too). I have the catalog to refer but I didn’t use it. As I went to the end of it, there you are! *English books. Yet, I still can’t find Steven.

I went and round and round… At the English department’s cashier lane’s security check, I saw Steven’s brother (finally). He said that his brother is at the English department. Again, I went and check it out. Still unable to find him, I just continue to look things around.

Around 2:10p.m. I went out of the exhibition halls and try to see if I have the luck to find him or not? What I found was Steven’s brother once more and he was about to go for his lunch. He invited me to follow along and I followed him to Suria KLCC via a shortcut. We went for McDonalds’ since I don’t have much money because I forgotten to get my money.

After the lunch, we went back inside and Steven’s brother needs to get back to work. I went to English department once more to try my luck again. Thank God! Finally, I got him. He was at the children’s department. While he was working, I keep running around (not the running to be exact). When I saw him free, I will go to him and chat with him like a spy.

Oops! A picture of Steven doing his work at the BookFeast.

As time goes on, it’s nearly time to go home. I told Steven that I need to go home and hoping that I can have another day to come again. On the way home, I checked the catalog while on RapidKL’s B103 to Bukit Bintang. Only then, I saw the MOL PayPal Digital Card. I wanted it so badly when I was taking bus of U47 before changing U46 at Maluri.

I reached home and discussed it with my mother (although my mother wanted to get water bottles and she does not agree for me to get the MOL PayPal Digital Card). But, I will get it when I can have the chance to get it soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


ShoutMix chat widget

Little Grey Rabbit in the Blogging Communities

blog malaysia: bloggers directory Komuniti Blogger Malaysia The Star R.AGE All Malaysia Info Blogger Project 大馬部落 我的部落 | 我的博客書 WWE Universe Earth Hour Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Malaysia new RedesignMalaysia.com Blog for FT Cares! Selangor Bloggers Tweeter Malaysia
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates